Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pierce Brosnan impressed by fan-magnet Robert


Pierce Brosnan has revealed his 'Remember Me' co-star Robert Pattinson was pursued by beautiful girls on set every day.

The former James Bond star - who plays Robert's estranged father in the gripping family drama - had to make do with older admirers while the 23-year-old heartthrob soaked up the attention of screaming teenagers.

Pierce, who shot the movie with Robert in New York, told Empire magazine: "I remember being outside the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan. We were shooting in the Oak Room and there were 2,000 girls out there from 12 to 21. Actually, there were some gorgeous looking girls out there, but they weren't around my caravan. I had the mothers at my end and some beauties there were too! But it was very sedate by my end of the motor homes. I'd walk out and get a hearty cheer. I'd trip up the steps of the Plaza feeling very good with myself that I still have the juice. But as I'd be walking down the corridors into the Plaza I would hear this wave, this cacophony of sound as girls clamoured for Robert. His girls go through the rafters for him."

The 56-year-old star thinks Robert - who has become an international heartthrob after playing vampire Edward Cullen in the 'Twilight' movies - will be able to handle his enormous fame, but he personally finds it almost incomprehensible.

He added: "I never experienced anything like that as a young man of 23. I'm sure he'll weather the waters swimmingly. He's a grand lad and I wish him well in every way."

Source

1 comment:

rdrumm5 said...

Do you know if Unbound Captives is still happening? He is going to be busy doing Water for elephants and Unbound Captives is suppose to be out this year.