Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Rob Interview with Movie Star Magazine (Japan) - Scans + Translation



Translation


Q: Do you think that from early on being pushed into the public spotlight has made you more aware than other people that you have to be sure to live your own life?
Rob: It’s true that I was put in a place where I had to be more mindful and take more responsibil­ity for everything. I couldn’t just be aimless. Also, the direction of my career has finally moved in a positive direction and I’ve tried to make a bit of progress. Thanks to the fact that I’ve had the time to think about a lot of things during this period, life itself is now free of the anguish that I felt in my past. I’m also now aware of just how lucky I am. I think that’s why I can enjoy it more and be more aware of what’s interesting to me and experience it all.

Q: When some people attain the kind of enormous success that you have they develop a sense of guilt over how much they’re blessed. Do you have any sense of guilt?
Rob: Sense of guilt? No. I just think it’s luck. I’ve just wanted to get the most out of all my opportu­nities and build a long career. That’s why now I have my feet firmly planted on the ground and I try to concentrate on the work I’m getting and try to enjoy the situation I’m in with out getting bothered by all the stuff that’s happening around me. After all, the most important thing to me as a human and as a professional is to evolve.

Q: Is it possible to realize your own desire to have great acting skills as an actor and only as an actor even when you’re in the midst of all this popularity?
Rob: The majority of people who are criticized by the public for this and that are the people who are constantly putting them selves in the public eye. So I guess that means I could say that it’s better not to show one self in public too much. I’d like to think that if you work hard to make high quality movies then you won’t be evaluated as a “meaning less celebrity,” but rather by other factors. If you’re seen as a celebrity, then it becomes more difficult to be evaluated based on the level of excellence of the movies you're acting. But, to give one example, Johnny Depp has been win­ning that battle. He’s the kind of person you can’t evaluate based on image right? The object of evaluation is always his acting skills. That requires a lot of self-discipline, and the ability to hide from the public eye has also become important. You just have to get used to that.

Q: If you look back on your current self 10 years from now, what will you think?
Rob: I’ll probably think that I should have enjoyed everything more during this completely amazing moment in my life. But it’s just now that I’ve finally begun to be able to really enjoy everything.


Scans

Movie Star

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Screen

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Scans and Translation | Via

9 comments:

WickedBrownEyes said...

Thanks for posting! I love Rob's interviews. He has a way with words and is extremely intelligent, IMO.
*melts*

Iluvthemovies said...

Wow, I luv that interview, very perceptive. I wonder what he thinks of people who say he can't act. You see that on many entertainment blogs. I think his acting is evolving, Remember Me is one of his best movies. I am so anxious to see WFE. I hope he does well in that movie so critics will have to eat their words after some of the terrible reviews he received for RM.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I never read any of the reviews Remmember Me got, I avoided them like a plague b/c I don't care of what others think of the movie or his acting abilities. He's just Rob :)

JLC said...

I am always impressed with his level of maturity he demonstrates for such a young age. I don't think the critics have been super hard on him, but they have been less than impressed with the Twilight movies. Rob's assessment that whom ever was cast as Edward would be going through what he is experiencing now is probably accurate. I think this popularity would have happened to him at some point in his career - unless he really did quit acting had he not been cast in Twilight. I think he has both the talent and the intellect to have a long career. It will be such fun to watch it develop!

behnaz said...

tnx for traenslat

19Angie84 said...

It seems to me, refering to all the interviews, that Rob is very down-home though all the celebrity-stuff he goes through.
His answers to the interviewers questions are always very mature and well-conceived. I think that shows, that he wants to handle his whole situation very responsible. I guess this attitude affects his whole world and so the relationship of him and kristen, as well.

Iluvthemovies said...

@19Angie84, ITA, you stated it so well. There is nothing left to say.

19Angie84 said...

thanks!

I never know whether everything I´m trying to phrase is comprehensible or not! ;-)