Saturday, May 17, 2014

Werner Herzog Talks About Rob "He's a Wonderful, Fine Actor"

Werner Herzog, Queen of the Desert director, talked to The Playlist about vampire movies and mentioned Twilight and Rob. Herzog's “Nosferatu The Vampyre” is screening through May 22nd at Los Angeles’ Cinefamily.

Herzog claims that cinema has “a very unique way” of dealing with the vampire myth, and while his high esteem for Kinski’s legacy has barred him from considering most future iterations, a surprising exception is the “Twilight” series of films. His reaction? “Not that bad, I was surprised to find.”

“We have to take it seriously that there are films out there that know how to address a 14 or 15-year-old,” he added. “This is a very special sort of approach and I couldn't do it, yet these films could. I see that much of it is silly but at the same time I respect these films. And I just worked with one of the actors, Robert Pattinson [in Herzog’s upcoming ‘Queen of the Desert’], and he's a wonderful, fine actor. He's clearly stepping out of these roles that make the teenies screech.

Read the full interview at the source

1 comment:

Coco Love said...

I know there will be many difficulties and challenges but I am determined to do it. If it does not succeed then it will be a lesson for me as well
http://run3play.com