Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rob and David Cronenberg radio interview with France Inter

Youtube or listen at the source



Translation

Starts at 1:00

He plays in two movies at Cannes, The Rover by the Australian David Michôd. In a post catastrophy world, he plays a mugger sort of naive and a little banged up.
Rob: I think it's kind of funny, I do weird movies and I like weird movies, and those little girls screaming when they're going to see The Rover. It's kind of hilarious.

The other movie in which plays Robert Pattinson is in competition for the Palme at Cannes, Maps to the Stars by David Cronenberg.
Yes, in Maps to the Stars he plays a limo driver who dreams of becoming an actor. A secondary part but no worries, it's Cronenberg who two years ago, decided to give him the main role in Cosmopolis, presented at Cannes too, and let him practise his growth as an actor.
Cronenberg: I like to take credit for that. He was a very, very underrated actor but I knew he was talented. My instinct told me he was a star before he had the chance to prove he was a real actor. I mean it's like when he gave the Palme to Rosetta, everyone told us, it was terrible and now the Dardens keep coming back here and their actors have a great career. That's when you know your instinct is right and that of course makes you feel really good.

Robert Pattinson expresses then all his gratitude to Cronenberg. 
Rob: It's just someone believing in you. Someone who you really respect and who makes you think about yourself differently afterwards. I was always quite ambious when I was younger but after Cosmopolis you kind of feel like you fufilled those ambitions afterwards and you believe in yourself a little bit more.

Source

1 comment:

zsuzsip said...

Thank You RPL for all your work,its a great achievement for Rob being I Cannes!