Thursday, March 17, 2011

MTV's Countdown to "MTV First: Robert Pattinson" | #2 - Rob Marvels At ‘Twilight’ Merch


What else can we say about Robert Pattinson's #2 MTV moment other than "glitter lube"?

All week, we've been ticking off our favorite RPattz moments as we count down the hours until "MTV First: Robert Pattinson," a 30-minute conversation in which the 24-year-old actor will be answering your Twitter questions, goes live Friday at 8:56 p.m. ET. We've touched on our initial visit to talk to him on set in 2008 and his first trip to the Oscars the next year. Momentous occasions, all. And now, here we are: glitter lube.

Allow us to explain: As "Twilight" shape-shifted from a wildly popular book series into a global box-office juggernaut, the franchise has branched out into all sorts of ancillary gear: clothing and jewelry lines, board games, bed sets, Halloween costumes, makeup, posters, dolls, lunch boxes and, well, the list goes on. And on. As in: Pillows? Really?!

So when we caught up with Pattinson in the spring of 2010, while he was promoting "Eclipse," we wanted to know if there was a piece of merchandise that truly perplexed and entertained him.

"I like the glitter lube stuff. I thought that was really funny," he said, laughing. "I was just like, 'I did not sign that! Where is the paper?' I think, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's glitter — I think it's lube."

Ever the goofball, Rob didn't leave it there. "I've got a dispenser," he joked. "I just have it on my hands. 'Yeah, it's nice to meet you!' and it's like, 'Wow! It works!' "


Don't miss "MTV First: Robert Pattinson" this Friday at 8:56 p.m. ET on MTV and MTV.com. Tune in to see RPattz introduce a new "Water for Elephants" clip, followed by a live 30-minute interview on MTV.com. Tweet questions using the hashtag #askrob to get in the conversation!

MTV

No comments: