Friday, December 31, 2010

Possible New Release Date for Bel Ami in the US




from E! Online Latino, translated with Google Translate

The playboy of the Twilight series promises to continue making love to his fans around the world with his new film Bel Ami.

The film tells the story of Georges Duroy (played by Robert Pattinson), a soldier of the French army in Algeria who arrives in Paris without wanting to work in the slightest. Bel Ami (and will be dubbed by successive lovers) has not been blessed with the gift of intelligence or culture, but is physically attractive, so naturally captures the attention of all women will get ahead.

Besides Pattinson, acting Christina Ricci and Uma Thurman, and will be released on May 12th in the U.S.. via

tagging this as gossip until we get official word from the distributors.

Last time we got official info, the movie still didn't have a US distributor and according to Optimum Releasing (via Bel Ami Film) the UK release date is August 2011.

6 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

Wow, I hope this is true, I thought this movie would go directly to DVD because it is having such a hard time finding a distributor. Plz let this be true, he looks amazing in all the fan made vids and pics of Bel-Ami.

Tks Linda for the info, I hope you do get confirmation on the release date of Bel-Ami in the US.

Calihi27 said...

Oh Lordy, I really hope this is true too. And I really really hope it will be playing in a theater that I can actually get to! Crossing fingers, toes, and eyes!

Twilola said...

I'm with you Iluvthemovies and Calihi27..I also hope this news is true. I am quite interested in watching Rob play this character who is the complete antithesis of Edward.
Iluvthemovies..I'll be on Messenger today 12/31 around 11AM. Hope I can chat with you.

Advanced Happy New Year to my favs and all of Rob's fans.

JLC said...

I have my fingers crossed as well. I think this movie and WFE will really demonstrate Robs range. How great would it be to have WFE released in April and only have to wait a few more weeks for Bel Ami?? And, then BD1.... 2011 is going to be a great year. My only concern is, he does not have any other projects in the works, that I have heard of. I need to know there will be movies in 2012!! I need my Rob fixes.

Anonymous said...

Wow..he looks great in that picture! If this is true, then Water for Elephants will have come out just a few weeks before this so a whole lot of Rob at the theater!!!!!

Jonny Dave said...

I read your some blogs and i visit your site. Amazing knowledge are available on your site. I apricate you for this. I really like it. Now it's time to avail Luxury Limo Services in Long Beach CA for more information.