Saturday, May 26, 2012

New Rob Interview - Talks Cosmopolis Premiere and He's NOT Doing The Hunger Games


Some rumors are so good, that they even get the movie stars involved believing. Even if it's only for a few minutes.

Robert Pattinson woke up Saturday morning at the Cannes Film Festival, the morning after his triumphant premiere in Cosmopolis, and saw internet reports that he was being considered for Catching Fire, the sequel to the The Hunger Games.

"I woke up this morning and saw all these things about me being cast in The Hunger Games," Pattinson tells USA TODAY. "I was kind of curious for a second. So I called my agent."

The response?

"My agent was like, 'No,' " Pattinson reports.

"(My agent) was like no one's going to offer you that part," Pattinson says, breaking into a laugh. "I was like, thanks for the reassurance."

But Pattinson was riding a high after his new film Cosmopolis (due out in the U.S. in August) received a standing ovation in Cannes with girlfriend Kristen Stewart in attendance.

Even that was stressful. The ovation came after director David Cronenberg warned him that the Cannes audience can be harsh.

"David tells me the night before, 'I'm fully expecting some boos,' " says Pattinson. "I was literally like, 'Why are you telling me this?' "

"I literally didn't watch one second of the movie, I was waiting for people to walk out," says Pattinson. "I was expecting a fight."

It was only hours afterwards that Pattinson was able to wind down at the film's afterparty.

"It took a full three hours of continued panic," says Pattinson. "Full adrenaline. It was just too weird."


USA Today

2 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

You could sense his nervousness at the photocall, press conference and at the premiere. I think it was such a relief for him that no one booed. I swear in some of the photos when the cast was departing the theater, his eyes looked misty. Now he needs to relax, however, now he goes promoting his film, no rest for the weary. So proud of his big moment in France.

katy said...

Thanks Rob to finally shot down those stupid Finnick casting rumors...it was driving me crazy.