Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cronenberg about Rob: "I’ve directed some of the best in the world, and he’s terrific.”


Another young actor whose acting ability has polarized critics is Twilight star Robert Pattinson, who stars as a millionaire enduring a limo-driven odyssey across Manhattan in Cronenberg’s next film—an adaptation of Don DeLillo’s novel Cosmopolis.

“I think that [skeptics] are being critical of the Twilight series; they’re not being critical of him,” says Cronenberg. “He’s just a cog in that machine and they’re confusing the nature of that project with him. He’s a terrific actor, trust me. I’ve directed some of the best in the world, and he’s terrific.”


Read his full interview at The Daily Beast

4 comments:

twmmy said...

Hope so, Mr Cronenberg. We knew it, but the critics...

Gloria B.Wilhelm said...

I am not thinking at all about Rob's performances in this movie. In the few movies I have seen where he was in, I have observed that he has the abilities to be a profound actor. He is still young and will be well-seasoned soon enough. I am thinking more of how the critics will take this movie and Bel Ami.

Iluvthemovies said...

He will blow people's minds with this performance, I can feel it in my bones. Mandy and Linda, I don't see a review post for Breaking Dawn, I think we would like to comment and I especially would like to take on the men who keep reviewing this movie or should I say juvenile delinquents. I am uploading all things Rob from our adventure with Twilightnan, JA, and Twilola starting with the Hand and Footprinting ceremony at Grauman's. Rob looked stunning that day. Wow he really is a work of art.

twilightnan said...

Terrific..Iluvthemovies..that would be 'Lovely'..even though I witnessed that sweet pda's at Graumans I can't wait to see the video footage..missing you all..that adventure in LA with you Iluvthemovies,JA,and Twilola was AWESOME!!!Rob as you said was no doubt "really a work of art"!..hope we can all do it again with all of us+ Yaelfica in 2012!