Thursday, September 15, 2011

David Cronenberg on casting Rob "He's a terrific actor and that's why I went after him"


Cronenberg didn't cast Rob because of his tremendous Twilight Saga fame. In fact, he says, it made shooting a little more difficult...

"Actually the fame was a detriment," Cronenberg told us. "I mean, it's good for financing - but it's not necessarily good when you're on the street and there are a lot of Twihards around. But I think people will be really surprised, I mean, I think he's a terrific actor and that's why I went after him."


Read full article at the source | Via

7 comments:

OCD56 said...

That's what we have been saying all along. Rob is an amazing actor!

Iluvthemovies said...

I would not say he is in the Ryan Gosling league of acting but he is improving and I am so glad that Cronenberg thinks he is good. As I have stated before I think Cronenberg will bring out the very best in Robert. Amen.

anani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♪♫ Yaelfica ♪♫ said...

omg i better sit this one out or i'll say smt i'll regret later :)
way to go Rob!

valéria said...

Wow! soooo proud of Rob! :))))))If David Cronenberg has said it can be written in stone!

JA said...

Cronenberg thought that Toronto had a lot of twihards around? ha!

WickedBrownEyes said...

What a great compliment from DC! So proud of Rob. Promo is going to be a fun time for us! Can't wait to see him in Cosmopolis.