Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Matt Lanter talks about Rob and spoofing Twilight: "I've heard he has a sense of humor about it all"


From E! Online

It didn't suck to be a vampire at the Teen Choice Awards, but Vampires Suck star Matt Lanter was walking the carpet with one eye open.

The 90210 cutie who plays "Edward" in the Scary Movie-type spoof braved the awards on Sunday despite the fact there were many Twilight stars roaming around.

"I really hope I don't see Robert [Pattinson]," Matt joked to us on the carpet. But that wasn't what really made him nervous...

"I'm just kidding, Rob seems like a cool guy, I'm sure he'll laugh about [the film]. I've heard he has a sense of humor about it all."

So if it's not R.Pattz's hair that had Lanter a bit rattled, what was it?

"It was the Twilight fans, the Twi-hards, who I was really worried about," Matt said, with a smile that rivals Taylor Lautner's pearly whites, might we add. "But they seem to like it actually. I think the Twilight fans have a sense of humor, so it's making it that much more fun."


From People

"We very closely follow the Twilight saga, so I think anything you might find cheesy about Twilight – which I know sounds really weird – we tackle that," Lanter says. "You know that famous 'I'm a killer' scene where [Pattinson] is talking about how he's a vampire? We make fun of that, but I pull out a gun and shoot. I'm actually a killer."

And even though Lanter says he hasn't discussed the spoof with Pattinson, he thinks the British superstar and his fans will give the film two thumbs up.

"It seems like [Pattinson]'s got a sense of humor," Lanter said. "We're adding to the Twilight saga in a fun, quirky way … We're paying homage. It's the greatest form of flattery."

No comments: