Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rob talks about being Edward, his time off and more in a NEW interview with Top Teen Magazine

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com


First of all, thank you for this interview, Rob. Our readers follow your career very closely.
I’m lucky to have such a nice bond with the fans. They can be inspiring sometimes.

Did you ever dream about making a movie about vampires when you were younger?
Never. I dreamed about having a music career. But I like playing something very different from what I used to see in movies. I wanted to make a movie that action, mystery, but also love as the main theme.

How would you describe the Twilight films?
Definitely not just a vampire movie. It’s a love story that has some extra elements that make it more interesting. It was in this movie that I got exactly what I wanted and needed. The success has exceeded my expectations each time.

Is it hard giving life to Edward Cullen?
In a way it is. In the vampire world, vampires’ feelings and passions are much stronger. They are weird beings, and they do change all the time. Unfortuntately for Edward, all his feelings are focused on a mortal girl, so that probably takes away all his emotional stability. As romantic as he is, he’s still capable of being terrifying and a very strong vampire. That’s why it was hard playing him at times.

People compare their romance to Romeo and Juliet.
Yes, it’s a love that goes beyond any dimension and it can beat the odds. Despite everybody knowing it’s an impossible relationship, there’s a strong bond that ties the other characters to the relationship.

Are you as passionate as Edward?
Definitely. Love is a strong element that I find very necessary in life. I like being romantic, I like falling in love, I like love songs…

What’s your dream girl?
I don’t care about the outside. I don’t have a particular prototype either, nor do I look for the conventional girl. Just as long as she has her own dreams and lives life to the fullest.

What do you like to do on your time off?
Reading. Action stuff, mystery, love. If I have the chance of reading a book, I do it.

How would you describe yourself?
I don’t know, I’m normal? (laughs) well, definitely crazier than normal guys. I just have a restless mind that never leaves me alone. Outside of the studio, I like to have fun. I like going home and sleep in my own bed, even if it’s messier than the rest of the room (laughs).

If you could ask for a wish, what would it be?
I’m very grateful right now, I think life has given me many blessings already.

Would you like to film a movie in Mexico one day?
Sure! I liked Mexico, it was one of my favorite countries to visit. I liked the culture and the people were very friendly to me. I had a nice time there.

You have many fans in Mexico that support you, would you like to send them a message?
I know, I’ve met some of them before. I like sharing this experience with them. I feel lucky of having their affection.

Scans and Translation - You can also read Kristen's interview there

8 comments:

Layna said...

Anybody read these interviews sometimes and think they sound uncharacteristic? I'm having one of those moments on both counts as I read Kristen's part as well.

xdkw1 said...

ITA with u :\

♪♫ Yaelfica ♪♫ said...

maybe too generic?..rob is never generic..he always adds something new and original to all of his interviews..that's sort of his trade mark perhaps?..imo..

Anonymous said...

Isn't funny how we can tell if the interview is legit or something? Must be the amounts of time we dedicate to admire Rob........ :)

xdkw1 said...

Hehe..i know i am :))

twilightnan said...

I admire Rob's attitude to what has happened and happening to his life now.."I'm so grateful right now I think life has given me many Blessings already"..he is very thoughtful and humble to acknowledged about the good fortune/blessing life has given him so far for now...good young lad our Rob..I wish him only the best!!

GiGi said...

It's interesting. Rob has always said he is not romantic. He could never describe the perfect girl and has said he's never been in love. So what is this? Sounds made up to me. Either that or Rob is completely contradicting himself to mess with us, as he sometimes does....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.