Monday, July 2, 2012

Rob talks about Cosmopolis, Cannes, DeLillo and more with Cicero Online



Google Translation

Mr. Pattinson as Eric Packer is leaving once his aura, his limo, and now he is attacked with a cake. Was there a similar moment in your career?
Strangely, I have a similar scene in "Water for Elephants" shot. But otherwise, no, not that I know of. Maybe in a metaphorical sense ...

No aggressive paparazzi and overzealous fans?
No, that has been trusted no one. Thank God that would have otherwise had a Bad injury.

How would you describe your character in the movie?
Eric Packer is a man who looks at the whole world very abstract, himself, his body, his fellow men. He wears egomaniacal trains and lives in its deepest interior withdrawn, in a world where there is not the actual reality. Throughout the film, he finally tries to regain control of his body, about himself, until he gives up completely at the end.

What will remain of Eric Packer?

It's weird. I had to remember me as much text and I thought these lines would disappear from my head as soon as each scene is filmed. But the words are still there, I can still memorize the entire script. It sounds stupid now, but there are times a day, which I quote passages DeLillo, error-free. David (Cronenberg) always says: "It's like the Bible! There is a quote for every occasion! "Somehow DeLillo's words are still with me arrested. Its importance is more and more aware. Especially in the scene with Samantha Morton, as we talk about the future, there are passages that haunt me literally.

Is this due to very strong DeLillo's lyrical, poetic word formations?
Yes. I was unsure at first to accept the movie offer because I thought it would be extremely boring. Because basically, it goes into "Cosmopolis" to people who are talking in a car - only. One can easily miss the boat in the movie. Either you follow DeLillo's words all the time, or you lose yourself in it, without knowing exactly what happens - then you are left with only a couple of nice pictures. David (Cronenberg) had so many strange ideas, things that at first I do not really understand. But if you in this adventure, you'll see the big picture! I've seen the film three times now. It was only the second time I could get involved and really it was just completely overwhelmed.

They say that DeLillo's words haunt you. Did you know the movie about life, about our time taught that you had not previously aware of?
About some things from the current day political life I have made ​​in turning any thoughts, such as the Occupy-Wall Street movement .  Then we did the protest scene: 200 extras rattled the limo, climbed onto the roof and tried with all his might to overturn the car.  We sat there and focused on our dialogue - and it was so easy to ignore all this!  You forget that 200 people are out there, just basically trying to kill you.  That's insane!  Every day we pursue similar scenes in the real world, watching TV.  And you have to disable it just suddenly you forget what just happened out there in the world.  Occupy with thousands of people fighting for a cause, and all their efforts have absolutely no effect on those against whom the protest.  That's kind of scary.

A few years ago I read a book about slavery.  It has been described as the brutal slave owners to their slaves during the day and at night they were talking then about theology and God.  But it shows that life is one and the same person in two completely different realities can.  As I prepared for my role, I looked at the interview between the serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer and his father.  This is so sad.  If you then Dahmer's actions demonstrates, one wonders how, with such a creature can ever have pity.  In such moments, one's emotional state splits from the life story of the reality of this person.

Were you inspired by Jeffrey Dahmer for your role?
A little bit.  Mainly I was looking for a voice.  I looked at Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer, and then found this Dahmer interview with his father.  And as luck would have it, has at the end of the shoot out that Paul Giamatti was viewed exactly for his long final monologue of the same interview.

Engage yourself politically?
Not in public.  I form an opinion, but I will be careful not to tell people what they do.  Maybe I just know too little about responsibility for the actions to take on others.

But it is your Twilight image could still use it to sensitize the younger generation for the political and economic world events!
I do not know.  My generation shares this aggressive apathy, in which no one goes to the polls and at the same time it irritated that everything is slowly but surely loses significance.  This is ridiculous!  People make their own world!  If I for example look at the phenomenon Occupy: Even if one agrees or not the message itself can not identify with the content, I think it's great that at least a few more people involved.

Did you ever know of the economy?
No.

What do you do with your money?
I hide under the bed.  Probably that's pretty stupid, but I now understand much of it not time.  I just hope that it will be well with me.

Eric Packer in the film seems very static. Basically, no changes in his facial expressions, gestures, or even in his own language to perceive, like a zombie, he moves through New York until he was shot in the hand at the end. Here comes through a little humanity.
(Laughs) Lay It should not be so, the static on your perception.  Eric Packers development takes place largely within him, very quietly.  I think he is trying to be reborn.

And this slow, quiet development is reflected then also reflected in the tough market and in the funeral ...
Exactly.  He is like an iceberg - in the end he begins to break apart until nothing is left.

How critical are you with your own performance?
Very critical.  This is the first film I've seen more than once, mainly because I was forced to.  (Laughs) I had him look me in Cannes and was allowed to leave the room.

Did you go?
For heaven's sake, yes!  When I saw the movie for the first time, I was not quite ready yet.  The second time I really liked it.  And at Cannes, I do not really spy really, I watched a lot more to the public.  With every cough, every cough and then I thought: Oh my God, what does this mean?  It is always critical of his work, will you, after all, that people like what you are doing.  That is also the reason to make the next film.

Mr. Pattinson, thank you for your time!

Source | Via

1 comment:

stefan927 said...

Les casque beats Apple avec télécommande et micro, qui reprennent les performances et le confort des célèbres écouteurs iPod Apple, intègrent désormais des boutons pratiques pour régler le volume, contr?ler la lecture audio et vidéo, et même répondre ou mettre fin à des appels sur votre iPhone.
Les nouveaux écouteurs Apple In-Ear avec ecouteur beats et micro sont con?us pour offrir une précision, un équilibre et une clarté acoustiques exceptionnels. Vous allez découvrir des détails qui vous échappaient avec des modèles de qualité inférieure. La plus grande nouveauté ? Ils ne co?tent que 79 €. http://www.casque-beats.eu