Monday, April 4, 2011

The Insider: Reese on love scene with sick Rob


Reese Witherspoon's March 26 wedding to agent Jim Toth was one of the most talked about events of 2011 so far, and the actress spilled details on how it feels to have her private life in the public spotlight.

"I think you don't really understand why people are interested in you or your life or your personal life, but I gave up trying to figure out a long time ago," Reese told "The Insider" co-host Kevin Frazier. "And now it really is like a gift in my life. I feel like I'm always met with a lot of positive energy and people wanting to hug me or feel good about me."

Reese stars in 'Water for Elephants' alongside Robert Pattinson, playing a married woman who engages in a love affair with Robert, who plays a circus animal caretaker. The two have a few steamy love scenes, but the actors leaked that it may not have been as sexy as it seemed.

"I never had a love scene with a person that sick in my entire life," said Reese. "He was like infectiously ill."

In addition to Robert's unhealthy state, Reese also had to contend with the general dirtiness of the set while filming in the desert, but she had no complaints.

"It was very authentic," said Reese. "It was very much like the Dust Bowl and California in the 1930s... The privilege and the opportunity of getting to make a movie that's so interesting - you know, movies don't come along like this very often - and it's just such a great story."

'Water for Elephants' stampedes into theaters April 22.


The Insider

No comments: