Friday, June 11, 2010

Christoph Waltz thinks that Rob is so good in his new film that he might be up for his own Oscar this year


We knew our boy had it in him! Robert Pattinson is definitely proving to the cast and crew of his new drama, Water For Elephants, that he isn’t just his Twilight character, brooding vampire Edward Cullen. In fact, he’s SO good as a Depression-era veterinarian that he may even receive his first Oscar nomination!

When Rob’s Elephants co-star, Christoph Waltz, was asked by fans where he kept his Oscar (he won the Supporting Actor trophy this year for Inglorious Basterds) on the Filmore, Calif. set this week, he responded, “It’s in my house, but the way things are looking, I might have to hand it off to Rob next year!”

And Christoph, 53, isn’t the only person on Elephants impressed by Rob’s acting chops. “This movie is going to be amazing, and you’re going to see Rob in a completely different way, a good way,” a crew inside gushed to HollywoodLife.com exclusively, adding, “It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he were to receive an Oscar nod for this role!”

The role in question? Rob plays Jacob Jankowski, a young, Depression-era veterinarian who joins the circus and falls in love with both Marlena, a circus performer (played by Reese Witherspoon) and Rosie, an elephant.

We can’t wait to see this movie! Let the Oscar buzz begin NOW!

Source - Not the best source, but I hope this is true

Via Pattinsonlife

11 comments:

drabrasil said...

I like this information a lot, but didn't like the way they reported that Robert will be seen in a 'good way' in this movie.. WTF???
Like he was not good on the previous he did!
I liked him in Twilight and RM too, Edward is a different character ,for Christ sake!
In RM he plays a guy with a trouble soul...

*sigh*

papagáj said...

I love You Christoph!
I knew it,i knew,he deserves a nomination!!!

doing happy dance

papagáj said...

@dra
Amen sista

ElQueSigui said...

I swear to God, the day he recieves a nomination, cuz I know he will eventually, I'm gonna cry of joy :__)

Iluvthemovies said...

It is funny, but IMO he is a much better actor outside of the Twilight Franchise. I loved his performance in RM as well as other movies he made before Twilight. I am grateful to Catherine Hardwicke and Kristen for choosing him for Edward because that role gave him other film roles to persue. I am crossing my fingers that this role will give him so many more opportunities to work with A-List directors and actors.

katy said...

True, not sure about the source...but when I read Christoph Waltz had said that I had tear in my eyes, it made me SO HAPPY.
I want Rob to have an Oscar Non.

katy said...

@ZivaMJ Yes, me to the day Rob recives a Oscar nomination I'm gonna crie of joy too.

twilightnan said...

This is an awesome prediction !!we are all gonna be ecstatic if Rob gets an OSCAR NOMINATION FOR THIS MOVIE NEXT YEAR..this would BE the icing on the cake to his forever escalating wonderful career as an actor if he win an ACADEMY AWARD OSCAR in 2011!!I can't stop smiling after reading this post..a very welcome news...SAME AS YOU LOT ..I WILL BE CRYING TEARS OF JOY TOO WHEN HE WIN AN OSCAR !!

pseudonym15 said...

thanks for the compliment christoph :) if ever rob wins an oscar, i don't know what i'm gonna do :) way to go rob!!

stephaniemarie said...

He is a Great actor! I loved the book and could easily pictue Robert in the role. He is going to be fantastic! I also cant wait to see him in Bel Ami...He is just the sexiest man alive...and this is comming from a 45 year old chick!I love you, Rob!

Potpouri said...

very good blog !!!
Wallpaper for Robert Pattinson
http://famousstars-potpouri.blogspot.com/search/label/Robert%20Pattinson