Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rob talks about animals, the royal wedding, the end of Twilight and more with Glamour UK


Your character Jacob is a natural with animals but are you and did you have pets growing up?
Rob: I just had a dog growing up so I don’t know if I’m a natural with anything. I like animals a lot. I’ve never really… I’m very trusting in them. I trust them more than I trust people. I think there is some kind of connection in that.

Reese got to go to circus school. Were you jealous and what circus trick would you learn if you could?
Rob: I’d love to learn how to juggle. I’m physically incapable of juggling. It’s very annoying. Circus school is tough. I mean she had to go there every day. And they’re really hard on the performers. I mean it’s like a bootcamp. I was really glad I didn’t have to do anything. I was like, I’m not a performer. I don’t know anything about the circus. My part doesn’t involve anything so it was great. I just got to hang out with animals for my part. It was very simple.

Was it surreal seeing yourself as an old man?
Rob: Yeah definitely. I’m curious as to whether that is what I’m going to look like. I love the fact that Hal...[stomach grumbles] my stomach will not shut up...that Hal is so in demand as an actor at 84 years old. It’s insane. It’s an incredible life.

Would you still like to be doing it then?
Rob: I don’t know. I’d love to be in demand for something. I just have a feeling that I’m going to be one of those crazy old people that not even their own family want to see.

We had the Royal Wedding this weekend. Did you celebrate it at all?
Rob: I was in Paris working and I was doing these interviews and the TV was behind the interviewer so I was watching it. I was surprised how interesting I thought it was. It was nice to see everyone look so happy in England. Because everyone normally looks so miserable walking down the street and you see everyone waving their flags. It looks very sweet.

You’re coming to the end of filming Twilight. Do you think you’ll hang out with the cast afterwards?
Rob: I really hope so. It’s such a big part of our lives. I get on with everyone really well. Literally everyone in the cast I’m great friends with. So I would hope so. I can’t imagine not doing that. I mean, especially in LA. I mean most of my closest friends in America are people I worked on Twilight with.

You’ve been voted Most Stylish Man 2011 by GLAMOUR readers. Do you see yourself as a style icon?
Rob: It’s funny because I think I do. But no one who knows me notices. There are a lot of different things that I do. I swear a lot of people repeat my little gimmicks. Or maybe I’m completely insane. I used to mis... [Rob suddenly stops] do up my shirt buttons wrong and I see a lot of people doing that now.


Glamour

No comments: