Friday, February 24, 2012

Jay Baruchel talks working with Cronenberg and 'Cosmopolis'


While promoting "Goon," a film he stars in and co-wrote, Jay Baruchel shared his experiences working for a short period of time on the Manhattan set of "Cosmopolis." Unfortunately for the Pattinson fans out there, according to Baruchel, Cronenberg's next movie might be too strange for them.

"An exceedingly strange movie," Baruchel said, describing "Cosmopolis." "All the Team Edward girls won't be seeing this one, I don't think."

For Baruchel, working with Cronenberg — who made a name for himself with horror films — was a dream come true. "Basically, it was that Cronenberg is a hero of mine. I'm a Canadian boy. I love horror. That's all I want to do," Baruchel said. "If you're a Canadian horror fan, Cronenberg's the Holy Grail."

The opportunity for Baruchel came about in a rather mundane way, but his reaction to it was anything but. "I was in Manhattan last year, keeping my lady company, and they called up and were like, 'Hey, do you want to do two days on this new Cronenberg?' I said, 'Yep!' 'Wait, wait. We'll send you the script.' I couldn't care less; what I'm playing is a means to an end. I just want to go and film-nerd-out about 'Videodrome' with him for two days."

The actual experience of working with Cronenberg did not disappoint. "Not only did I get to go and be a fly on the wall for two days and watch one of my heroes do his thing, I actually had the pleasure being directed by him," Baruchel said. "Coolest thing ever."


MTV

We'll definitely be seeing Cosmopolis :)

3 comments:

katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katy said...

You are wrong Mr. Jay Baruchel, we will definitely see Cosmopolis!

I may be Team Edward, but I am first and formost Team Robert Pattinson.

Iluvthemovies said...

ITA with you @katy. It will be extraordinary to see how will this movie will do by just the fans of Robert. So far his movies have made money, even for those they did not think would do that well, they still made a profit. Cosmopolis may be strange but I will support Robert and DC. Both two of my favorites.