Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kristen Stewart talks Rob and fans in interview with GQ UK



imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

There's no doubt that the young woman sitting across from me, sipping a beer quietly, with the smoke from her cigarette trailing up into the tress, is somewhat transformed from the teenage girl who set out a little naively (her words) on this whole joinery more than four years ago. Lessons have been learnt. "The main moment, when we knew it was going to be a big deal, was at Comic-Con in Sand Diego in 2008. It was the first piece of promotion for Twilight that any of us had done, so we had no real expectations. There were thousands and thousands of people waiting for us. That was the moment when we felt how powerful this thing was going to be. It was me, Rob [Pattinson], Ashley Greene, Taylor [Lautner], and we just looked at each other and were like, 'What the hell is going on'"

All their hopes (and fears) were soon to be realized. Twilight was destined to become a full-blown trans-global youth culturequake and Kristen, along with British-born Pattinson, the main stars at the centre of the maelstrom, not least due to the are-they/aren't-they off-camera relationship rumours. The momentum ignited by the huge fanbase was soon plundered by those at the top of Summit Entertainment, the company at the helm of the cinematic adaptation. Nothing gets movie executives foamier around the mouth than the prospect of cashing in on the young, easily influenced and truly obsessed. Or, as the most ardent fans of Pattinson are known amid the darker recesses of the internet, the "Robsessed". "From that moment on, the guys from the studio were walking around with dollar signs in their eyes. Like, kerching! And then it began. The insanity. The schedules. The demands. The interviews."

(...)

Snow White and the Huntsman is filming in and around Gloucestershire, although Kristen is spending a good deal of time in a rental in Notting Hill, London. The day before, while at the GQ shoot, she had explained that she was looking forward to seeing more of the UK, as “my boyfriend is English”, although when I bring this up again the blood drains into her boots. “I never would have said that if I knew you were going to be interviewing me.”

I honestly hadn’t expected such a defensive reaction, but it’s clear when she feels her privacy is being breached, Kristen is quick to transform into “Tiger Mom”. The whole issue, if you don’t already know, has to do with whether or not she’s dating her Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson, the subject of which has seen more speculation than the origin of Barack Obama’s birth certificate. I tell her I’m surprised this is such an issue seeing as the evidence is already out there for all to see on the web - the photos, the stolen moments, the Christmas getaways... “Yeah, I know it is,” she admits. “So much of my life is so easily googled. I mean, it’s like, come on guys, it’s so obvious!” Her mood tights, perhaps all too aware of how much she’s already said. “But this subject, I don’t think you realise what a big deal it is for people. Well, it is a big deal. They would be ‘Oh. My. God’ There would also be still a 50/50 split. Some people would still be, ‘See, told you they’re not together.”

Kristen is acutely aware of all the gossipmongers. Far more so than I am, it seems. She knows about names: the “Robstens” (those who think K-Stew” and R-Patz” are together); the “Nonstens” (those fans who think they aren’t) and the “F***stens” (those who say they don’t give a monkey’s either way - but actually really do). I ask her who it is such a big deal to? These deranged fans? To her and Rob? What is it she’s so worried about?

"I don't worry about it at all. It's just one of those things. I'm selfish. I'm like, 'That's mine!' And I like to keep whatever is mine remaining that way. It's a funny little game to play and it's a slippery slope. I always say to myself I'm never going to give anything away because there's never any point or benefit for me."


All scans at StewartSource | Thanks RespectKstewx | Transcript via StrictlyRobsten

5 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

Good for Kristen and Rob regarding their privacy. I've heard people critize Kristen on so many things, but the truth is she has the man that for those of us who view this blog want or admire. I don't need to know about their personal lives, it can remain something sacred and maybe one day they will write a movie about it, like Cleopatra and Marc Anthony, Romeo and Juliet, The Duke and Duchess of Windsor, as so many great love stories. Of course the movie is made once they they have departed this world, so I will be gone, so I definitely won't need to know about it, it works out great. Here is to private love.here here.

twilightnan said...

Hi,@Iluvthemovies..it's so lovely to read your comments...and I raise my glass for a toast,Here's to a private love!!AAwww..Kristen and her Epic statement"My boyfriend is English"..love it!..love it!...love it!!haha..I have been walking all day with a big smile on my face ..hubby was getting worried I'm up to something..especially I'll be going to LA for the BD 1 Premiere w/out him..I keep reassuring him it's mainly all girls lol!!...Anyway..hope they will be more relaxed now ,sinced Kristen has let the cat out of the bag now:)..Missing ya all @Yaelfica,Twilola,JA :)

PixieFairy said...

Just wanted to say Hello and thank you all in Robert Pattinson Life for this great blog:)

meleny said...

Iluvthemovies and twilightnan, I always happy to see you here! I love yours comments! Twilightnan I'm very happy for you! You're coming to USA for the premier at LA, good for you!

twilightnan said...

Hi,@meleny..it's nice to read your comments as well...I remember you from way back,..yes,..we are all meeting up in LA for the Twilight BD Conventions and the BD Premiere!!!I'm so Excited!..*Waves* to all my favs!..and the regulars who come to this awesome blog!..thanks RPL:)