Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rob in Seventeen Latino America - Scan and Translation

Nothing really new. Probably from the same roundtable interview, but here is the translation.


Robert Pattinson stars in one of the hottest movies this month, Water For Elephants, and he tells us what it’s all about!

Dressed in black jeans, plaid shirt over a white t-shirt and a gray wool jacket, Rob sat down to talk with us about his new movie, is a good opportunity for this irresistible hottie!

17: What made ​​you participate in this film?
RP: Before reading the script or the book (the movie is based on the novel, Water For Elephants by Sara Guen) Francis, the director, took me to the Elephant Sanctuary where Tai lives (the elephant who plays Rosie). I arrived, and immediately started playing with her. I thought, “I will have the opportunity to work with Tai for four months, I’m definitely accepting this role!”

17: What is the relationship between Marlena And Jacob, like?
RP: The relationship between Marlena and Jacob gets complicated with time. Marlena is trapped in a abusive marriage. I think Jacob is a good guy and I did not want to play him as someone who comes to the circus world, that was created out of nothing by August, to steal his wife and destroy his life.

17: What is your character, Jacob, like?
RP: He had to face the challenge of losing his parents at an early age and has had to learn to move on.

17: What do you do on a day off?
RP: i play a game in my iphone application called Fall Down, I can use it for 16 hours

17: What makes you really happy?
RP: Music, I went to New Orleans and played the piano with the Preservation Hall Jazz band. It was amazing, I was fascinated.

17: What makes you cry?
RP: I cried the last day that Tai was on the set of Water For Elephants, and during the film, March Of The Penguins

17: What did you like about the book and this character?
RP: I read the screenplay before the book and thought ‘I can do this. ” I thought there was something very attractive and touching about the story. The next day I read the book and I loved it.

17: How did you prepare to play Jacob?
RP: I liked the idea of interpreting it as someone who truly loves Marlena and does not want to destroy everything that is his life. He cares for her very much and is pretty much resigned to not having her, if it means she will be happier.

17: How was working with Reese?
RP: That was my first job in my career and she is the same now as she was at that time. I did not know what I was doing during that time. I had no experience as an actor and got the job by accident, so i was absolutely terrified. She went to my trailer before filming began and said, “Do you want to review your dialogue and talk about the scene?” She was incredibly famous and was not obliged to do that. I was sitting there in the cab of my little trailer and said. “Well, okay.” I had no idea what I had to say. It was nice working with her on that occasion. Reese and I have met a few times through the years and it always has been so great. How she appears on screen, she is the same in real life. She has an aura of good energy that she shares with everyone.

17: What was the biggest challenge in the film?
RP: When I read the script for the first time I felt that my character initially did not have many scenes like the others and I thought to myself, ‘Well, the pressure will be on Reese and Christoph, not me,” and then I realized that I’m in every scene but did not say anything at the beginning of the film.

17: How did you feel working with animals?
RP: I think I have more affinity with animals than with people. For many reasons, I prefer working with animals and children than with actors. Often when your working with actors, it becomes something almost competitive … Another reason I like working with animals is that they do not know if you’re the star or just an actor.

17: Have you always been an animal lover? Did you have a pet?
RP: I had a dog for 18 years named Patty and it was incredible. I got another dog a few days ago in Louisiana. I decided to rescue a dog from a shelter, they were about to put it down. I don’t really know what breed it is, It’s a mix of everything.

17: Teens from all over the world love you, how does it feel to be a heartthrob?
RP: It’s weird, I never got heartthrob roles before Twilight. It’s funny when the world suddenly turns and you are seen very differently.

17: Are you disciplined when exercising?
RP: At the beginning of the last film of Twilight, I trained obsessively and I decided to be very, very healthy, going to the gym and riding a bike everywhere.

17: Now you live in Los Angeles, Do you miss your home in England?
RP: Yes, definitely. I miss the newspapers, still prefer the English papers. Strange to read the sports section. I miss football. The Arsenal is one of my favorite teams. I miss the English light. I know it sounds really ridiculous, but the light in London is different to anywhere else in the world.

17: What are your goals?
RP: I want to produce films and be more involved in pre-production of films I star in.

17: Your career has taken an extraordinary leap, what has been the greatest lesson you’ve learned along the way?
RP: That there’s no point in trying to please everybody, which I learned when trying to do just that.


Scan | Via | Translation

No comments: