Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rob's Full Interview with Polish TV + Translation



Translation- by lalaith466 at Pattinsonlife


R: He has been learning Polish for three weeks.
I: Why?
R: He says he have to speak Polish in his new film. He said 'podnieś nogę' in Polish - it means 'lift your leg up'.
I: It's quite a weird request.
R He knows and doesn't mean the interviewer to raise her leg.
I: It's funny he chose this to tell her.
R: He forgot for a moment what it means in English but now he knows and feels embarrassed. He says it in the scene with an elephant.
I: It explains a lot.

I: In Eclipse there are two main plots: love of Bella and Edward and rivalry of Edward and Jacob.
The trio had to shoot many scenes together. She hopes they get along with each other.
R: They always get along with each other. It's wonderful what happened to them but success didn't go to their heads.
Twilight has become a big phenomenon but they were together in it from the start and they supported each other and it's amazing.

I: She has read he didn't want to go to the test shooting because he was afraid he was not able to play perfection of Edward.
R: He says that it's funny because later he decided he would play Edward as so insecure and doubtful about himself as you could only imagine.
I: She asked if the fact he's British helped.
R: Yeah, definitely. Now when he thinks about it, it seems he played himself.
But it's funny because everyone thought Edward should be someone with absolute self-confidence all the time.
He never wanted to play him that way and finally everyone accepted it

I: He was named the best dressed man in the world. It's funny because as a British he rather doesn't mind what he wears, does he?
R: He doesn't. He jokes he is wearing the same clothes all the week.
I: A British friend of hers told her once they don't like when somebody pay attention to what they wear because it's so shallow and facile.
Is it true?
R: He doesn't know if it is some British mind-set but he thinks so. He is embarrassed when he is dressed to kill.
He doesn't like wear new clothes and anything flashy.
I: Last time when she interviewed him he had a ripped jacket. She asked if it was intentionally.
R: He jokes probably it was.
I: It was during Remember Me promotion, it was yellow jacket.
R: He seems not to remember he has the one ;-)

I:What does he think about the title the sexiest man alive?
R: He jokes it's obvious, he thinks there wasn't any competition.
I: The title seems so silly - "the sexiest man alive". She says he is British guy so he is supposed to be cynical.
R: Everyone who was named the sexiest in the world made a special interview about it
but he said: no way, I'm won't make an interview about what is a feeling to be the sexiest man alive.
I: He had to feel idiotic.
R: He said to them: you're insane. Don't you see you look like complete morons?
So he didn't give the interview an thinks and everyone was pissed about it.

I: Do people often think Robert is Edward? That he is the character he plays.
R: He says at the beginning it was frequent. At the fan conventions everyone believed the character stepped from book into real world.
I: Did they call him Edward?
R: Yes, they couldn't understand they're normal people.
I: Friends of hers ask their boyfriends: Will you be my Edward?
How did the movie affect his relationships with women? The expectations have to be high.
R: He is coping with it. He likes pressure. It makes him better.

2 comments:

papagáj said...

OMG
finnaly i can hear your voice in my native language!!!!!!!

he said " podnieś nogę" in polish

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO
i feel silly now

Zuza said...

Yeah, Im Polish as well. And I have to say he speaks amazingly from what i heard :D I SO cant wait for WFE. But everyone cal it like that. is the name changed on Circus or not??