Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rob talks about Soccer and more in a new interview with Interview TV Sorrisi e Canzoni

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com


Translation:
Have you ever seen a soccer fan vampire?

Four bodyguards, a frisk and, obviously, cellphone confiscation. If I had forgotten Robert Pattinson’s every girls in the world’s idol, his security service would had been there to remind me so. Fortunately, he seems less cold and strict than what he’s got around. With Eclipse, he’s in Edward Cullen shoes for the third time. In this next to last movie of the Twilight Saga, we can find as many fights as one could see in a real action movie and new love issues for the female main character: Bella (Kristen Stewart) has to choose between the vampire Edward (Robert Pattinson) and the werewolf Jacob (Taylor Lautner). Even if in the real life, she knows exactly who to choose: some behind-the-scene rumors have she and Pattinson are dating. Pattinson, anyway, stars surprisingly saying: “It hasn’t been very good, but you’ve got it”

Excuse me, what are you talking about?
Your World Cup Championship’s first match. Italy-Paraguay. You played better than England against USA.

Excuse me, are you a fan?

Yes, Arsenal’s. England always lets me down: every time we think to do big, we fail.

Do you like Capello as a coach?
After the first match, not anymore!

Let’s talk about the movie: this third chapter of the saga is full of action and fights, surprisingly. How has it been?
On the screen they’re great, but when you act they can be boring, especially if there’ll be special effects and lots of technology involved. Everything goes like this: ‘put your arm this way, look up, be tight’. I missed my previous movie, Remember Me, where I have really fought with two stuntmen who told me where to hit them. It has been an excellent anti-stress exercise.
In the movie we see again the love triangle between you,

Bella and Jacob. Have you ever been the third wheel in real life?
Yes, but only for a short time. It’s really horrible. But when I’m dating someone, I always take a look at every other men around.

So are you dating someone?
I know you have to ask me that, but I don’t talk about my private life.

We can say you let something slip… are you jealous?
No, I’m just a very unsecure person.

It’s strange. Your career is up. Don’t you think you’ll always be pointed to as the ‘Twilight vampire’?
It’s a chance, you’re right, but for me Edward is just a role. Maybe I’ll be the “Twilight guy” forever, but I could do something even bigger and being remembered for that. Or, if I know myself, I could do something very stupid, like being arrested. And they would take the ‘beautiful vampire’ thing out of me for sure.

How’s your relationship with fans? Are you free to go to the pub?
I can do that in London, ‘cause they’re more interested in soccer players. In Los Angeles I can’t. When we shot in Italy, I just went in some lonely little towns in Tuscany.

Do you go often in England?
As soon as I can. The last time I’ve been there was to vote. I like politics, I always try to keep up

Are you keeping up with the Gulf Of Mexico catastrophe too?
Yes, it seems unbelievable they haven’t find a solution yet. Obama said it’s the greatest disaster after 9/11 and he’s right.

So, are you a nature activist?
I like it, but I’d like to do something more. When I worked with Pierce Brosnan I’ve understood what the nature issue really is. He doesn’t use plastic bottles. Everyone should do that, me first.

source
via Pattinsonlife

10 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

I love this interiview and I especially love that he told the interviewer that he did not discuss his private life. Bravo, Rob, I have been hoping you would say that all along. Let them ask the question, but all you have to say is "I don't discuss my private life". He is simply the best.

Gisel said...

GO ARSENAL !!! :P

I am a crazy soccer fan, and i just love that rob likes soccer too.

Iluvthemovies said...

@Gisel,
I am not a real big soccer fan until David Beckham came to California and the US women's team won the gold at the Olympics. I don't know much about the teams or the game, is Arsenal a team from England? If so, are they playing in the World Cup or is it players from different teams in England that comprise the World Cup Soccer team?

I don't know why in the States we are not huge soccer fans like the rest of the world, it seems to be the sport that is played in most countries. I only was excited when our women's team won the Olympics. I really like to look at David Beckham but I hear there is another player I think it is Reynaldo, I am not certain but I saw a picture and thought David Beckham who? Many of these players are gorgeous. A girl could take a real interest in the sport if she hasn't already with men like that in the game.

Barbara Fenwick said...

I am not a fan of soccer but I am a big Robert Pattinson fan. I enjoyed this interview very much, especially the statement about not discussing his personal life. That is much better than his usual I am single.

♪♫ Yaelfica ♪♫ said...

@iluvthemovies
@gisel
in rob's honor u should refer to soccer as FOOTBALL...hehe ;D
and yes it is played everywhere...here in Argentina is an obsession...and there are many good looking players..but the better players are not the better looking ones...e.g. messi..ronaldinho..tevez...
cristiano ronaldo must be the one u r refering to coz my bro is obsessed with that guy coz he is a really good player.. he is kindda hot i should say...;)

Gisel said...

@iluvthemovies Arsenal is a team in the premier league (england). this team is from london, a very good one actually. The world cup it's only with Countries.

@yaelfica puse soccer porque tu sabes que los gringos no le dicen fútbol. :p

me encanta que a rob le guste fútbol y que vea los partidos del mundial. en una de esas ve a argentina o Chile !(yo soy de chile)

Iluvthemovies said...

Thank you Yaelfica and Gisel,

That is the person I was talking about, Cristiano. The only reason we don't say football is because we have our own football in the states which really has nothing to do with the feet, other than kicking the ball to start the game and to make a field goal.

It should be called Carry the Ball, because essentially that is what they are doing. I guess this is something I need to look up in Wikipedia to see why the US called it football when soccer is actually football because it is played by kicking and moving the ball with the feet.

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the info.

twilightnan said...

Hi Iluvthemovies..Arsenal is one of the top football team in the english Premiere League their new massive stadium The Emirates is in north London..Rob is an avid supporter since childhood ,he quequed to get the arsenal manager signature when he was I think 12 yrs old.guess what I'm also a David Beckham supporter, he is in the world cup just as one of England advisor..he is still contracted with LA GALAXY..going back to Rob ,I'm glad he is sticking to not discussing his private life,..when asked about his relationshp ,he said something like if I AM SELLING IT,I WOULD PROBABLY TALK ABOUT IT ..BUT I AM NOT! I admire him even more for his princilples.

Iluvthemovies said...

Thank you Twilightnan for the additional information. I am going to try and watch some of the "football" matches on televison especially if the US is involved but I do want to see some of the other teams as well. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

meleny said...

I'm a big fan of the world cup, and my favorite thing it's watch the handsome players, like right now my favorites are Kaka and Donovan, and the list it's growing. I'm so happy right now that U.S.A made it to second face, they're doing a great job!
@Yaelfica, mi favorito para ganar la copa es Argentina, desde que empezaron han jugado estupendo, espero que la copa se quede en America esta vez.