Friday, December 12, 2014

Werner Herzog Talks about 'Queen Of the Desert' and Rob's Part with 'Bande à Part' Magazine



From Bande à Part :

Can you tell us more about your next movie 'Queen Of The Desert' ?
In less than ten days, I will start the mixing. The filming and editing are completed and I should be able to put an end to the movie in the first days of december.
I don't know where or when it will be shown for the first time.

The cast is really impressive : Nicole Kidman, James Franco, Robert Pattinson...
They all really wanted to work with me. I was asked why I chose Pattinson. It's not a big part, and it matched perfectly. I needed an englishman who still looks like a schoolboy but which is very smart. He plays Lawrence of Arabia, but at the age of 22, on an archeological site. Kidman, who plays the main role is wondering what that kid has to do in a place like this, and an archeologist tells her that this kid has a PhD.
Pattinson is really good in that role. He is a smart man and the choice was quite natural.

Translation by Pattinson Art Work

sourcevia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Although it's a small role, Rob got his wish to work with Herzog. I will be looking forward to seeing this film.