Friday, March 29, 2013

Eric Maddox talks about Mission: Blacklist and Rob


Eric Maddox - interrogator, author and OU alumnus explained the process of finding and capturing Saddam Hussein and detailed the dilemmas he faced to about 300 people in Oklahoma Memorial Union’s Molly Shi Boren Ballroom.

(...)

This same story is encapsulated in his book, “Mission: Blacklist #1,” on which a movie will be based starring Robert Pattinson, who will play Maddox.

“Somebody wants to make a movie about my story - it’s very exciting,” Maddox said.

Maddox said he has already met and gotten to know Pattinson.

“He’s a great guy,” Maddox said. “When they brought his name up to me, I had never heard of him before. I don’t believe in vampire movies and stories. I just didn’t know who he was.”

Maddox said he wore a single blue shirt for months in his search for Hussein, with no other changes of clothes. The shirt has a bigmouth bass embossed on it, Velcro pockets and bloodstains.

“I’ve still got it [the shirt.] I think Rob is gonna wear it in the movie,” Maddox said.

Maddox had to wait five years to tell his story and write the book due to the U.S. government preferring to keep it classified, he said.

“Since then, the United States government wanted me to endorse the movie, and wanted me to say who I am and what I do,” he said.
Read the full article at the source | via

6 comments:

Eliz said...

I hope this is Rob's next movie to film, can't wait!

vana said...

This is so exciting. So happy that Rob will be Eric. Eric sounds like a really great guy.

Iluvthemovies said...

It would seem that Rob and Eric share something in common, their love of wearing the same shirt. I think this will be absolutely fabulous if Rob wears Eric's shirt when he was interrogating those who would lead to the capture of Hussein.

Akim said...

U got that right about their "sharing something in common"... LOL...

Unknown said...

I wonder about the shirt's... Ehrm... the shirt's odor... O.O
You know, sweating... blood... sweating... dirt... sweating... maybe coffee... and of course: sweating!...
*The sweating is not for enjoyable reasons*... :P

awestruck said...

It has been many years since I went to the theater to see a movie, but I will go to see this one. Hope it comes to my area!