Monday, August 13, 2012

'MTV First: Robert Pattinson' This Thursday at 7:49PM ET


Hey Robert Pattinson fans, are you ready for a chat with your favorite actor? MTV News has got you covered with "MTV First: Robert Pattinson."

Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 16, when Pattinson will premiere a new clip from his upcoming and buzzworthy film "Cosmopolis" on MTV at 7: 49 p.m. ET. Immediately following the on-air premiere, Pattinson will sit down with MTV News' Josh Horowitz for a 30-minute interview on MTV.com. Fans can join in on the fun by submitting questions beginning today through MTV.com or via Twitter using @MTVNews and the hash-tag #AskRob.

Those who've been following the news surrounding "Cosmopolis" know that the David Cronenberg-directed thriller is already a favorite, as it was voted the #1 most anticipated movie in our MTV Movie Brawl. The story, which is based on Don DeLillo's novel of the same name, follows young billionaire financier Eric Packer (Pattinson) in the not-too-distant future as he's chauffeured through Manhattan on his way to get a haircut. His entire world falls apart as his marriage is failing, his financial status is slipping and even his very life is being threatened.

The film also stars Juliette Binoche, Sarah Gadon, Mathieu Amalric, Jay Baruchel, Kevin Durand, K'Naan, Emily Hampshire with Samantha Morton and Paul Giamatti and opens everywhere Friday.

Don't forget to tune in to MTV and MTV.com on Thursday to hear everything Pattinson has to say about making the film.

MTV

7 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

Rob and Josh, Rob being interviewed by Josh is always a favorite amongst all the talk shows he will be on. Looking forward to see him on MTV.

Unknown said...

They are so funny together! Can't wait to see all his interviews this week!

Duggar Family Fan Blog said...

How do I view this in the UK

twmmy said...

My son and daughter aren't fascinated by Josh... and me too. He splutters and he is scattery. He is a perfect MTV personality, but he is so far from a good reporter. And with him , Rob is another scattered one. When we translate them to my frineds, never are understandable the 'funny' things they are giggling... Hmmm.
However I'm curious how the american movigoers will embrace Cosmopolis. In my country--- no too well.

Iluvthemovies said...

@twmmy, I don't think Comopolis will fare well here in the US. People are more geared to lose themselves into big budget comic book, action, horror, and comedy movies. Dramas rarely do as well as the movies I have mentioned. It has to have a stellar cast or something so different it will bring people into the theater. Movies are so expensive to make and see you have to chose what you will go see in a movie theater. Because I am a fan of Rob's I will go and see it, but I am not even bringing my friends because I know they will already hate it. It is an acquired taste, but I want to see how well his acting skills have improved in the movie. He is receiving great reviews, sometimes better than the movie about his acting. That in itself is a big improvement and I can only hope he keeps improving as be embarks on his new projects.

Anonymous said...

@lluvthemovies I didn't think Cosmo will do well either in the US. But the Scandal may be the blessing in disguise... at least people will go to see it and either be infuriated by it or luve it. The important thing for Rob is a that it was a good career move. COSMOPOLIS+ CANNES+ CRONENBERD - GF= GOOD MOVE! But he also needs to sharpen his acting craft. Cosmo is okayish and he does a good job in some very nauseating/lazy directions by Cronenberg...so he still has a shot. Personally I have high hopes for Mission BlackList. But Rob needs to step it up and be more in charge in his own films...

Iluvthemovies said...

@Shine, I appreciate your words of wisdom. Sometimes if you say Rob needs to improve his acting skills, you receive rude comments. I don't mind people stating their opinions, but I am not a fan of people who think their comment is any more relevant than your opinion. I agree with you 100 percent and I do believe this gave him a boost in his confidence and hopefully this is what spears him on to really improve his skills, it is a definite step in the right direction.