Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rob didn't write the 'Remember Me' script, but had some input


Amid all the “New Moon” and “Eclipse” hoopla, it’s easy to forget that “Twilight” superstar Robert Pattinson will also appear in the upcoming, vampire-less drama “Remember Me.”

(OK – Pattinson’s millions of devoted fans probably won’t forget.)

In any case, a new interview with the actor in Australian GQ magazine has caused a lot of confusion. In it, Pattinson seems to reveal that he co-wrote “Remember Me.”

Here’s the full quote:

“Remember Me seems like a relatively logical next stop for my career. But, still, the only reason I took it is because I have a real personal connection with it. I wrote the script with Jenny Lumet, from an original draft by Will Fetters. Many of the relationships in it are like my relationships with people in my life. And so it’s kind of a little personal thing.”

Taken out of context, that comment could certainly be interpreted to mean Pattinson served as a co-writer on “Remember Me.” But the background is slightly more complex.

At Cannes over the summer, Pattinson spoke about “Remember Me” and said:

“It’s one of the few scripts I’ve read where you finish and realize you didn’t really want it to end … I have no qualms in saying that Jenny is a genius … I went up to her house one weekend and we all hung out there and just chatted about the script and [they] asked me what I wanted from it. She worked on the draft and about a week later she delivered this script. She’d captured little bits of my voice and all the inflections and mannerisms I have.”

So Pattinson didn’t write “Remember Me,” per se, but he did help Jenny Lumet and director Allen Coulter develop how his character is reflected in the script.

Just to be sure, we contacted a source close to Lumet, who told Gossip Cop, “Jenny loves Pattinson, and he had as much input as most stars of his level do,” but noted that the actor is not a member of the Writers Guild of America.

We hope that puts the rumors to rest. Regardless of Pattinson’s “official” involvement in the script, it seems as though “Remember Me” will showcase a character the actor had a hand in crafting.


Source: Gossip Cop

1 comment:

RPnKSaddict said...

No we haven't forgotten! I want to see this movie as much as any of the Twilight Saga.
A trailer for RM would be great any day now!!