Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fan encounter and another video of yesterday


I totally agree with all the comments made about the lack of respect that was shown to Rob yesterday while filming. I am an NYU student and I was there before I had to go to one of my classes, and the pandemonium was even more intense that the pictures or video make it out to be. I am a fan of Rob myself, but I understand that he is WORKING and isn't some circus side show for people to oogle at. I stayed behind the barricades and watched from where the producers told us to. But some of those girls, and I did see the "girls" that made it into the video, were relentless. Every time that he was minutely unprotected they rushed him to try and get autographs and pictures. It was disgusting.

When it was time for me to go to class I walked into the building where most of NYU's classrooms are and just happened to see Rob standing by the elevators apparently trying to escape the craziness outside. (They were also using the building for other movie purposes as well) I approached him very nicely and ASKED him if I could take a picture with him and he was more than nice. He asked me if I went to school at NYU and told him I was actually on my way to class. I commented on the hysteria outside and he laughed. So I hope that I was able to show him that not all fans are as batsh-t crazy as the ones that were mobbing him.

source

4 comments:

Elena said...

That's cool. I totally agree with you. Those girls were making themselves look immature as well as showing how much lack of respect they had for Robert. You are very lucky to have met him. He seems like a great guy- when girls aren't trying to rip him apart.

But I'm known as Spattz! said...

your'e lucky to have met him. i am not gonna lie and say i didn't get upset when im considered one of the crazies who waited outside for rob. I didnt go yesterday bc I had summer class myself but I did go today and I just wanted you to know that you shouldnt get the idea that every person who was out there today and yesterday was nuts. I'm from Queens, NY and standing outside was the only way I could possibly catch a glimpse of him.

stephanie, in technicolor* said...

I am very happy for you and glad to see Rob in a calm state. However, not everyone was able to get inside and meet him. I was one of the girls standing outside but in no way, shape, or form lack a sense of respect for Rob. I think the generalization of the "people outside" is a little far-fetched. Most of us standing there today agreed that what happened yesterday was completely uncalled for, and would be the first to admit that Rob's safety comes first.

I would've commented on the insanity he went through, also... but it's not everyone, dear!

Most of us are good ones.

Iamlegend said...

You are so lucky to meet him! Wish i could, and i agree, it was insane how some fans treated him, give him a little privacy jeez :/ so you did the right thing, i think he apprechiated your approached him aloooot more that how other fans treated him.

love the photo!
cheers