Friday, August 7, 2015

Rob's Interview in Jolie Magazine (Germany)

ETA: Here are the scans of Jolie Magazine - thanks to Verena via email :) and translation

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Translation

Everything remains different
Bye-bye, vampire! The Briton has an appetite for new roles. But do not worry: he is as sexy as ever. Curly hair, bedroom eyes and a couple of three-day stubble on his face - as shown in the photo on the right, that’s how you know Robert Pattinson. But to the interview in Berlin, he appears with a handsome hipster beard. An attempt to escape the Twilight fans undetected? No, laughs the 29-year-old, the beard is for his new movie The Childhood of a Leader. And says: "We are just through with the shooting, but maybe I leave the beard for a while. Somehow I like it." These days,, however, Robert is on the screen as clean-shaven as in his best vampire days to see. And that even twice: on the side of Nicole Kidman in Werner Herzog’s desert epos queen of the desert and as a photographer of James Dean in Life.

Jolie: Your new films have nothing to do with the Twilight- romances, with which you got famous. How difficult was it to leave the old Edward behind?
Robert Pattinson:
Very difficult. But so I’ve expected it. My agent had then warned me that it would certainly take a decade until I could take the next step in my career. And I’m afraid he was right. Now seven years have passed, and I realize now that my life is slowly changing a bit. This frustrating feeling of having somehow lost control and just trying to stay afloat in the hustle and bustle, is thankfully gone. And not for nothing I look now for completely different films.

J:Has it been no fun at all to be a teen idol?
RP:
Yes, of course. That was all incredibly exciting. most amazing was the year between the end of filming and the theatrical release of the first Twilight film. I was able to enjoy photo shoots and travel because no one knew me then . And when it really started , even that was not only exhausting. Suddenly I came in clubs where the doorman had sent me away half a year ago . Also, I was luckily already 21, so not so young that the excitement would have derail me. And I could even drink alcohol in the US!

J: How did you manage it, not to loose the ground?
RP:
I’ve always had the feeling of having to prove myself as an actor, as a star, as a human being. This might have kept me more on the ground. Although I have often wished I had a bigger ego - then I might have been able to enjoy the bustle a bit more.

J: Do you have a lack of self-confidence?
RP:
Well, someone who voluntarily stands in front of a camera needs to have a bit self-confidence. Nevertheless, I am also shy. And a little control freak. Not the best combination for an actor, because the control has indeed the director …

J:Since the beginning of the year you’re engaged with your girlfriend FKA twigs. Can you also imagine to become a father?
RP:
Definitely, although I still do not know when. Therefore, I was so attracted by the role in LIFE. At my age, you do not get so many chances to play a father - and certainly not one who leaves his family in the lurch. Personally I imagine it different, of course.

J: Could it be difficult for a child to grow up with such a famous father?
RP:
I don’t think so .. Sure I will have a child who is totally cool and confident. He or she will probably look at me every day and think to yourself: Actually Why is this guy such a funny, quirky oddball?

Translation