Friday, July 5, 2013

Werner Herzog Talks About Rob and 'Queen of the Desert'

Translation
Playboy: For your next film 'Queen of the Desert' you have cast 'Twilight' teen heartthrob Robert Pattinson.
Herzog:
He approached me. That is why I am taken seriously in Hollywood. Because so many good actors want to work with me. Nicolas Cage was never better than in 'Bad Lieutenant'.

Playboy: What do you see in Robert Pattinson?
Herzog:
He has charisma, he is smart, he writes. I hope we will see him one day as a director. 'Queen of the Desert' is not yet fully funded, and we don't know yet where we will shoot. Possibly, that should be in Syria.

The interview is from January. There's a new update about the movie's possible location and schedule from June (click here)

Source (in German) | Via

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I think this Interview is from January

Unknown said...

Ego much?... ~_~

However I do agree with him: I also see Robert as a director... Actually more than as an actor; and he's ready good as such, so my director-hopes are quite high... :)

Unknown said...

Hopes? Or expectations?... Whatever... Sorry, my English sucks sometimes...

Unknown said...

Such high praise coming from Herzog ! HAPPY FOR Rob !!

twmmy said...

He has the talent, but he must grove up and learn too much to be a director. he is playful, he read much but that is not enough. He must learn so mch. He has time, he is young.

Iluvthemovies said...

I have to concur with Mr. Herzog, that Robert has charisma and we knew it long ago. Hi twilightnan, LisaCT, no one special, Haxy, nimet and all RPLifers, hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

No one special said...

Rob definitely has a charm factor and I would love to read simething of his. Hello lovely ladies have a fab weekend.

No one special said...

*something