Friday, May 25, 2012

New Picture + two new Interviews from this morning

New picture from this morning



New Interview with France 3



Translation

Rob:
I remember the first conversation we had was on the phone cause I had to wait a week before I said yes 'cause I was, I didn't ... Normally you have to ... actors are good at bullshiting, no matter what the script is, you've got something to say about it. You even have to admit if you hate it but you have something to say. And with this one, I just couldn't ... I was like, I know there was ... I know it's about something but I don't know what it was about. But David just said, you know, he doesn't know what it was about either but there's just something interesting there.

Rob: I guess slightly more obscure things. I mean especially with the fact that this one had a strange script already and it's in competition in Cannes. There's no logic to the world.
David: There is none.

Rob: What I liked about it in the first place was the cadence of the lyricism of the writing. I think that's what I enjoyed playing about it 'cause you couldn't really approach it like a normal part, it was like, you're approaching it like it was a song or something.

Rob: It was one of the strangest things when we were shooting, we had one scene by the train station, the first shot of the movie, and we've been inside the limo during the whole shoot and suddenly I have to get out and there was like ... Twilight fans and stuff and I was .. I've never been more nervous in my entire life. That was ... it was terrifying.

Interview with France 2



Good evening, Robert Pattinson. Thank you for being here with us.
Rob: Good evening, thanks for having me.

Firstly, one question. You'll understand, in every interview, David Cronenberg calls you Bob Pattinson. Should we call you Robert or Bob?
Rob: I haven't heard him say that. Yeah, maybe I should start going by Bob this year. I'm Bob in Cannes.

If you had to describe the movie with one term: shocking, violent or really so close to reality?
Rob:
yeah, I wouldn't say it's close to reality. I think if there's one word, it would probably be 'strange'. It's a pretty odd movie.

One word about this car. what does she represent, this bunker where the hero pretty much isolates himself from the world that surrounds him?
Rob: Completely, it's his office, he's created a world for himself. He's kind of insulating himself from every aspect of life and anyone that comes into his world, has to behave like him, they have to speak his language. It's not even conventional English he speaks in that. Everyhing in control of his environment is totally
And it's strange, it's so small in there, it's very ..... to the whole movie. It's pretty much in the limo, the whole movie, it gives you this feeling of claustrophobia.

Eric Packer, this young golden boy that you portray, is in search of emotions. He always needs more, after the money, after the sex, he's sated of everything and death becomes a challenge. Is that it or not at all?
Rob: Yeah, I think he has quite a strange idea about dying tho. I don't think he feels, ..., I don't think it's a conventional idea of death. Death is just .. He's such an egomaniac that death is purely a choice for him, there's no such thing as fate. So, it's not like he's trying to kill himself, it's just what he wants to do.

Does it feel good to break away from the image? Is that what cinema is about, to change your mask?
Rob: Yeah! I mean, it's strange for me 'cause I don't really know who I am in reality and so getting to do movies is when you can explore certain ideas, when you have a feeling that you probably had your whole life and trying to figure out something about yourself. I's an arrogant reason for acting. But, yeah, it's definitely changing masks. It's especially after having done .. I'm known for a series, which a lot of people known me for the Twilight movies and this is radically different which is interesting.

Robert Pattinson did you take up French?
Rob: I'm terrible. I learned French in school and I always think I could speak French but I don't think anyone actually understands what I'm saying.

source | via | source | Youtube thanks to cybermelli

No comments: