Friday, November 28, 2014

Rob Played the Guitar on Death Grips' Song "Birds"

Music Rob is back. Rob played guitar on 'Birds' for the band Death Grips.

@newnewpollution: TURNS OUT THE GUITAR ON DEATH GRIPS' "BIRDS" IS ROBERT FUCKING PATTINSON.
@newnewpollution credits on the new vinyl release of Death Grips' Government Plates.

ETA: Pitchfork posted more details about how they recorded that:
It's been confirmed that this is true. Zach Hill recorded Pattinson's guitar with his iPhone and the band sampled the recording on the track.



Rob with Zach Hill and MC Ride from Death Grips at Beyonce's concert back in 2013
  
 Birds:



source via

6 comments:

Allysa Mentor said...

Strange song,q but great guitar playing.

vana said...

Love Rob's surprises, Don't have to like the music, just love his many talents. Just another example of his brave, brave choices. So proud of you Rob.

Unknown said...

This is so cool!

girliegirl805 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
girliegirl805 said...

Yikes, my comment was deleted for real? I'm absolutely bewildered as to why unless I'm somehow in an alternate universe where my question was somehow offensive?

I was merely asking where in the song one could find the guitar? I've never played an instrument and am only used to "traditional" sounding guitar riffs so I'm at a disadvantage picking out Rob's work on this. Could one of the kind people who may know better point out where on the song I might find it?

Seriously though, that was worthy of deleting before?

AnMarie said...

Hi girliegirl805 - I think it starts @ :00:35...