Friday, December 21, 2012

David Cronenberg Talks About Rob With First Post

A lot has been said about your unconventional choice of Robert Pattinson for the lead role.

The thing I liked about Rob Pattinson as an actor is that he’s a serious actor. And you could lose sight of that, because he’s had this big popular success with the Twilight movies, but he is not afraid to play a character who is difficult to like, you know, because some actors are afraid to do that, because they feel it is too personal, that they themselves will not be liked by their audience, and so on. But a real actor is not afraid to play an unsympathetic character, and Rob is a real actor.

Also, I think to be an actor, you need intelligence, first of all. For example, Rob immediately realised that the script was quite funny, and most people don’t get that. Then you want sensitivity to the subtleties of the movie, in terms of what is going on in the movie, the dialogue and so on. And Rob, personally, is very knowledgeable about cinema.

(chuckles) I don’t think his Twilight fans realise this about him, but he’s really an aficionado about art cinema. I mean, on the set I’d find him talking to Juliette Binoche about obscure French cinema, (chuckles) so you know, he brings a real depth of understanding of the history and art of cinema and all of those things mean that you have a lot of power and a lot of responsiveness from your actor as a director. It’s like driving the Ferrari instead of driving, you know, a Volkwagen Beetle. And you get that with Rob. I must also add, he’s very down to earth and very easy to work with. He’s not diva at all, you know. He’s really a sweetheart.

Read David's full interview at the source | Via

3 comments:

twilightnan said...

aww..what wonderful compliments to Rob from his previous director!!!I love Cosmopolis ..cannot wait to get my DVD next week as a Christmas present!!!I'm excited to see all Rob's new projects in 2014!..hugs to the Favs<3

just me said...

yeah, Ferrari...definitely.. or even Bentley, Maserati, Aston Martin..what else? :)i got carried away..
so i don't get it how did we make to a final losing to RDJ? did id miss something ..not that i complane..
i just found this, go and vote:
eonline.com/news/373416/celeb-of-year-quarterfinals-britney-spears-lady-gaga-and-ian-somerhalder-are-back

and, please, vote for Kate Middleton so Ian doesn't come back!

twilightnan said...

@just me...yes,I was shocked as well..I was voting as well but had to stop to eat lol!!...I cannot see the logic why that Ian is back again.. Rob beat him in round 3!..anyway...has he done anything spectacular in terms of movies in 2012?...I know who I'm voting for ..ROB!!!..who looks devilishly handsome in this pic with David Cronenberg...that Rob's smile is just so beautiful<333