Cahiers du Cinéma is a famous and influential French film magazine. The Playlist even refers to it as "French movie bible".
Every year Cahiers du Cinéma releases a top 10 list with the best films of the year and it's amazing to see 'Cosmopolis' scoring #2. Congrats!
Here's the top 10 of 2012
1. Holy Motors (Leos Carax)From Movieline
2. Cosmopolis (David Cronenberg)
3. Twixt (Francis Ford Coppola)
4. 4:44 Last Day On Earth (Abel Ferrara)
4. In Another Country (Hong Sang-Soo)
4. Take Shelter (Jeff Nichols)
7. Go Go Tales (Abel Ferrara)
8. Tabu (Miguel Gomes)
8. Faust (Alexadre Sokourov)
10. Keep The Lights On (Ira Sachs)
The Google translation of the Cahiers du Cinema December 2012 issue is rough, to say the least, but Stéphane Delorme's editorial (located online here) states, among other agendas of the issue (translated from French: "Rather than commenting on Tops, we prefer to dwell on the failings of contemporary cinema copyright") that Cahier's Top 10 selection "shows that we expect from cinema audacity and heart."